Studio Policies & Procedures
Regular attendance is imperative to a dancer's progress. Please call the studio to report an absence and to get a make-up time.
You are responsible for tuition until you notify the studio otherwise, either by phone or by email. There are NO REFUNDS on tuition.
Tuition is due at the first lesson of each month and is a yearly tuition split up into monthly payments. $55 a month for the first class. We offer Discounts for each class after that PLUS sibling discounts. A $5 late fee will be charged to all accounts not paid by the 10th of the month. You may set up automatic payments from your credit card or cash/check/credit at the desk monthly. Pay the yearly tuition in full by October 1st and save 10%. There are absolutely no refunds on classes.
Code of conduct
Please come to each class on time and prepared. Please be respectful of teachers, parents, and especially your classmates. Treat each dancer with support, respect, and encouragement. We are a dance family here at Legacy =)
No food or gum in the studios or waiting area. Label all your dance shoes & bags. No street shoes allowed in studios. Hair should be pulled back and out of the dancer's face. No jewelry is to be worn. Proper dance attire is required, see your teacher.
All parents are welcome to stay in the waiting room, please be courteous and watch out for your little ones. Please don't let them play with the merchandise. Any problems or spills, please tell the receptionist so it can be attended to immediately.
A $70 non refundable costume payment is required by Nov. 1st. A $15 late charge will be added to any costume that has to be ordered at a later date and is not guaranteed to be in on time.
Schedule - DURING CLASS TIME
Located inside the front door is a message board, please check it weekly for important information. Emails will also be sent so make sure we have your correct email.
2010 - present
2010 - present
Legacy Dance Center 2020/2021 COVID Policies
As valued members of our dance family, we have implemented the following rules as we proceed in our opening of Legacy Dance Center.
We will continue to monitor and implement the local, state, and federal recommendations as they're announced and make changes as necessary. We will take each week, or day to day, into consideration as it approaches and keep you updated on what's happening. We will be updating through email.
We take pride in our facility and how it operates and would like to highlight the policies we have in place at the studio to help our dance families stay healthy and safe.
ENTRY: all students will enter the building through the door that coincides with the first studio they are in. All three storefront doors will be open and unlocked for entry. They will be labeled and you will enter and go straight to your classroom from the front door .
Here's How This Will Work...
1. WAITING ROOM IS CLOSED: we are asking all parents/guardians to drop off your child, and either wait in your car or drop off and pick up. We are trying to cut back on social togetherness. We feel closing down our waiting room will eliminate group gatherings which in turn will mean contaminating less areas at Legacy.
2. All children will have their temperature taken with a touchless laser thermometer. Anyone with a temp over 99 degrees will not be allowed in out of precaution.
3. Once your student is dropped off and has had their temp taken, they will be given hand sanitizer and they can enter the studios to dance.
4. No street shoes will be allowed in the dance studio. They will have to be removed immediately upon entry. Bags are permitted if taking more than one class for the day - Dressing room will be CLOSED.
5. Face masks are required at ALL TIMES by staff and dancers.
6. Pick-up - since the waiting room is closed and we cannot congregate in there, we ask that you all make a single file line up to the door where your child will be. Each child will be dismissed individually as each parent comes to the door. The line may be long on certain days so please be patient, this is all for the health and safety of your children. As long as everyone is there on time this will move very quickly. All students will be ready at th e door of their last class awaiting your arrival. Luckily the weather will be nice so no one will be waiting outside in the cold and doors will be open on the inside to avoid touching handles.
*Air Quality in the studio - We were required by Nassau County Department of Health to have our studio meet the new CDC guidelines. We have purchased HEPA grade air purifiers to meet those requirements.
* Sanitizer: We have hand sanitizer in each room, hallway, and front desk. Students will be asked to use it frequently. If you'd prefer your own, students are permitted to bring it in their dance bag. Our sanitizer does contain at least 70% alcohol.
* No Close Contact: we will be adjusting many things in our classroom to avoid contact. Students will not be permitted to hold hands, high five, or touch each other in any way. We will also ensure that they are not in close- proximity to each other. If you can please remind them to keep to themselves, they all love to hug each other :)
* Surface Cleaning: After every class we are wiping down frequently touched surfaces and equipment with cleaning supplies. Each evening everything in the lobby and studios are wiped down (this is usual practice for us!) We are also spraying disinfectant between classes in the air and for floors and opening doors to air out the classrooms while we wait for the next class to file in.
* Deep Cleaning: Legacy will be deep cleaning each week as well as sanitizing in between each class.
* Sneezes and Coughs: We are encouraging dancers to stay home if they have a cough, fever or are sneezing frequently. If your child has either of these symptoms, we are asking them to stay home.
* Staff: All members will have their temperatures checked upon entering and only healthy staff members (without symptoms) will be at Legacy.
* Do not bring your child to class if they are coughing, sneezing, have a fever, stomach-ache, body aches, sore throat, chest congestion, diarrhea, vomiting, or any other illness.
* Do not bring your child to class if a family member is ill with any of the above symptoms
* Don't bring toys from home.
* Don't break any formal quarantine/government restrictions. If you are traveling please make sure to not come in and quarantine if you are coming from a quarantined area. You must inform us of any travel to “hot spots” and you will be required to take class virtually for 14 days.
* Encourage your child to not touch other children or their teacher.
* Alert us if your child or family member tests positive. for COVID-19 and has been to the studio within the last 14 days so that we may contact the families who’s child attended the same classes. If this should occur, families will be contacted immediately and only advised that “your child came in contact with another child and /or a child’s family member that tested positive for COVID-19 and we suggest you contact your pediatrician for further instruction. Name of said child will not be given per HIPA regulations
ALL STUDENTS who will be taking class must bring with them their printed out and signed liability waiver which is attached to these procedures. They will not be permitted to dance otherwise.
*if you were in contact with someone who we were informed had contracted the virus you will be notified. At that time we will close for 24 hours and a DEEP clean and if you were in contact, you will have to remain on our virtual classes for 14 days. All other dancers can remain active after our cleaning.
At this time Legacy will open with these restrictions until directed otherwise. Each family is encouraged to make their own decision about coming to the studio, please do what you feel comfortable with and what makes the most sense for you and your family. Your health and safety are most important to us!!
We are so looking forward to healthier times and when we can hug all of your little ones again, they are such a bright spot in our day! The well-being of our students and families is a top priority! Please know that we are here to address any concerns or issues and are happy to hear from you on additional ways we can keep our community healthy!